In the current business climate, the need to digitally transform services has never been so critical to future success. This means that many companies are reviewing their current IT spend; what products and solutions are part of their IT portfolio; and how these are adding value to their future digital transformation journey.
For companies that have a legacy Job Scheduling or Workload Automation solution, two key issues are cost and migration. Firstly, the cost of moving to a new solution has been expensive to justify with the associated multi-year licences costs. Secondly, the thought of converting their existing jobs into a new platform would be time-consuming, complex and full of business risk. Hence, even though many companies would significantly benefit from moving to the new generation of Workload Automation solution, they are reluctant to do so.
So, let’s address both of these challenges head-on.
Here at Antares Automation, we have developed a SaaS service based on the market-leading Workload Automation solution. It is designed to simplify Application Workflow Orchestration, deliver Data Orchestration and maximise the ability to deliver IT Workload Automation. It offers centralised management, advanced security features, improved scalability, and advanced predictive tools.
Our difference is we provide Workload Automation services as a fully managed solution that scales to your adapting business needs. This means you take advantage of the leading software solution, wrapped up in the best-managed service to meet your business needs. We offer the service on a “consumption” basis, bypassing the need to purchase licences upfront, plus additional support costs. With us, you literally, pay for what you use.
We have a solution that has more than sixteen (and counting) different conversion toolkits to enable the seamless migration of workloads from different legacy platforms, into our cloud-based service. Additionally, we have designed the solution so that the data remains within your environment, helping to manage any security questions. Finally, with our deep and extensive expertise in migrations across hundreds of customers, we have a proven approach to managing the migration with you.
Our Migration Approach:
Our tried and tested approach is designed to manage the migration with as little risk to existing business services, whilst at the same time, seeking to improve the effectiveness of the transformed workload tasks.
1. Discovery: The first phase is toidentify the breadth and depth of the platform-specific scheduling services, as well as any existing workload automation products that we can move to Luminos.
2. Analysis & Playback: Next, we consolidate and present your current landscape, along with the business benefits for migrating to Luminos. Access to your environment is needed at this stage. We work with your IT infrastructure and security specialists to ensure secure access.
3. Conversion: This is where we work closely with you to understand your business drivers; key dependencies; what is currently working and what is causing bottlenecks and issues. We convert and transition all of the agreed workloads into the Luminos platform. We also look to optimise the workloads; to make them run more efficiently; put in place the alerting you need; plus auditing and compliance requirements.
4. Test: We work with you to test the outcomes of the migration and highlight any further optimisation and consolidation opportunities. We ensure your existing legacy environment is not impacted.
5. Go-Live: We work with you on a fully managed, staged transfer to the Luminos solution. We agree and put in place “hyper care”, regular and frequent status updates and reporting. Finally, we work with you on the decommissioning of the legacy and on-premise workload products, to enable full business benefits realisation.
We have helped IT operations undergo significant digital transformations of their Workload Automation solutions, adapt to the current trends, and as a result, customers have experienced vast improvements in their IT operations, such as:
· Reduced IT complexity;
· Improved visibility across the entire IT workload environment;
· Increased ability to make pre-emptive and immediate corrective actions that minimise risk;
· Maximised efficiency across the organisation through further automation; and
· Improvements in productivity and profitability.
If you are starting your digital transformation journey, we are here to support you with your Workload Automation solution.
Head of Transformation Services at Ortom8 & MDB Service Consulting Ltd